Why you ask? Here is a list...
1. For the amazing aged trees, blooming flowers, and timeless scenery.
2. For the, actually, swimmable river...anyone who claims that the Charles River is swimmable is crazy! Swimming in the Connecticut river (legality of which was questionable) could not have been more relaxing and enjoyable. All I wanted to do was float down the river, winding through trees, and watch the clouds go by. The peacefulness of the area was only punctured by the occasional boat (a floating house-boat almost ran over me) and of course our chatter when we stopped to rest. Unfortunately,
I forgot to get a picture :(
3. For amazing people who cooks
amazing food (thank you so much Emma, Mack, and co.)!!!
4. For cheap movie theater tickets. We saw Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2 for $8.50 each. Compare this to Boston Common's $12.75!!
5. For delicious Herrell's Ice Cream. It definitely rivals JP licks and Toscanini's
6. ...and, of course, for Santa!! (Yankee Candle, Scenter of the Universe :D)
Best of luck to Emma and Mackenzie, who will attempt the English Channel at the beginning of August!!